Fridge dumping is kinda my favorite. If you don’t know what that means.. it’s basically when you open your fridge and freezer and use up leftovers from your week to create a bomb meal. I’ll pull frozen veggies from the freezer, use up fresh produce that’s about to go bad, use canned chicken for protein if I don’t have any… basically nothing is off limits. We normally “batch” cook protein, veggies, and carbs on the weekends, so fridge dumping is a way to repurpose them.
The best past about fridge dumping is the options are endless and it doesn’t get boring because every week you will usually have some different ingredients in there to use. Get creative with it. Basically you just need a base (usually carbs), veggies, and protein. Sauces and seasonings give it some flavor. One of my staple “fridge dumps” is “fried” rice. This is just an example of one variety that I made with what I had already cooked up. Again… the point is to use what you have in your fridge that needs to be used up.. not to go out and buy all this stuff to make it, but you can do it however you like!
For this one I used rice, rotisserie chicken, canadian bacon, frozen veggies from traders joes, and a friend egg! Topped with everything but the bagel, and some hot sauce (not pictured).
Have you fridge dumped? What’s your fav?
Fridge Dump “Fried” Rice
- Rice cooked
- Canadian Bacon cooked, diced
- Chicken cooked, shredded
- Vegetables raw, cooked, or frozen
- Coconut Aminos
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning optional
- Hot Sauce optional
- 1. If working with raw of frozen vegetables, cook / heat those to your liking first
- Heat a skillet over medium – high heat, and once hot, add in the rice. Move it around in the pan to keep it from burning, but allow it to get a bit crispy.
- Once the rice is heated and crisp, add chicken, canadian bacon, and vegetables, stir to combine. Lower heat a bit and continue to move food around the pan until heated thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet fry an egg (or cook to your liking)
- Once rice mixture is heated thoroughly, add coconut aminos and stir to mix. Move to a bowl.
- Top with fried egg, everything but the bagel, and hot sauce! Enjoy!