Tacos are so trendy right now, and I’m so into them 🙂 I love them so much because not only are they delicious, but they are so easy to make. They are one of the few things that I actually prefer making them at home as opposed to ordering out (okay, Torchy’s is definitely the exception). The other best thing about them is that they are so versatile, you can play with the combos forever and never get bored. Oh, and you really don’t even have to have any special ingredients on hand, as long as you have the base (a tortilla), you can basically dump the leftovers from your week into a shell and call it a taco (and you know fridge dumps are my favorite)!
Here’s one of my favorite combos for a breakfast taco, but don’t feel limited to my picks, use your imagination (and your fridge) as a guide. Just start with a tortilla and scramble eggs, add in your favorite proteins, veggies, extras, and top with your favorite flavor boosters.
- turkey bacon
- canadian bacon
- ground chicken sausage
- turkey sausage
- smoked salmon
- roasted sweet potatoes
- hash browns
- black beans
- hot sauce
- everything but the bagel
Drop your favorite combos in the comments!
- 2 tortillas
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 slices turkey bacon cooked
- 1/4 cup mushrooms sauted
- 2 tbsp salsa my favorite is trader joe's salsa verde
- 1/4 cup cheese i like daiya dairy free mozzarella style shreds
- spray skillet with coconut oil and heat on low-medium, combine egg and egg whites in a bowl and scramble until smooth
- add eggs to warm skillet, move gently around in pan until cooked through
- remove eggs from heat and warm tortillas in the skillet, 10-15 seconds on each side (you will see them begin to bubble)
- assembly - add turkey bacon, and scrambled eggs to the tortilla, top with mushrooms, salsa, cheese, and finish with fresh herbs or hot sauce!